Sport Injuries is a collective term used to describe a multitude of injuries that can occur among recreational or elite athletes. Symptoms may include, pain, swelling, loss of movement and inability to play sport.
Sport injuries may result from:
- A heavy overload/repetitive overuse
- Sudden increases in intensity/frequency of training
- Uneven surfaces/poor footwear
- Faulty biomechanics, poor alignment and muscle imbalance
Common Sport Injuries Include:
- Rotator Cuff Syndromes, Bursitis and Tendonitis
- Tennis Elbow/Golfers Elbow
- Shoulder, Hip, Knee and Ankle Joint Sprains
- Quadricep, Calf and Achilles Tendon Tears
- Plantar Fasciitis/Heel Spurs
- Back/Neck and Joint Pain
- Education: ice vs. heat. Identify and correct training errors. Appropriate stability products such as orthotics, taping, braces and compression sleeves.
- Electrotherapy: Pulsed Electromagnetic Therapy, Laser, Ultrasound, Interferential and Tens are used to decrease pain, inflammation, swelling and to stimulate the rate and quality of healing. They also assist in the breakdown of scar tissue.
- Manual Therapy: mobilization (joint and soft tissue) techniques to correct biomechanics, regain muscle length and to release scar tissue.
- Acupuncture: is effective in regaining tissue elasticity as well as in the release of scar tissue.
- Exercise Rehabilitation: progressive exercise program that includes core stability, strength, flexibility, balance, agility, functional strength and plyometrics.
Our focus of treatment at Panorama Physio, Surrey BC, is to ensure quality of healing as well as a fully conditioned and safe return to physical activity and sport.
We do not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use. We recommend that you seek individual advice before acting on any information in this site. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on our website is correct at the time of publication but recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to its use. If you wish to purchase our services, please do not rely solely on the information in this website.