Sport Injuries is a collective term used to describe a multitude of injuries that can occur among recreational or elite athletes. If you have an injury in Surrey and are looking for local treatment please contact us for more info. Physiotherapy can help you!!!
Sport injuries may result from:
- A heavy overload
- repetitive overuse
- trauma (direct impact)
- sudden increases in intensity/frequency of training
- uneven surfaces
- unstable footwear
- poor equipment
Muscle imbalance, joint dysfunction and poor alignment are factors that increase the risk of injury. Symptoms may include, pain, swelling, loss of movement and inability to play sport.
Common Sport Injuries Include:
- Rotator Cuff Syndromes, Bursitis and Tendonitis
- Tennis Elbow/Golfers Elbow
- Shoulder, Hip, Knee and Ankle Joint Sprains
- Quadricep, Calf and Achilles Tendon Tears
- Plantar Fasciitis/Heel Spurs
- Back/Neck and Joint Pain
Treatment of Sport Injuries Includes The Following:
- Education: ice vs. heat. Identify and correct training errors. Appropriate stability products such as orthotics, taping, braces and compression sleeves.
- Electrotherapy: to decrease pain, inflammation, swelling and to stimulate the rate and quality of healing. Assist in the breakdown of scar tissue.
- Manual Therapy: mobilization (joint and soft tissue) techniques to correct biomechanics, regain muscle length and to release scar tissue.
- Acupuncture: is effective in regaining tissue elasticity as well as in the release of scar tissue.
- Exercise Rehabilitation: progressive exercise program that includes core stability, strength, flexibility, balance, agility, functional strength and plyometrics.
Our focus of treatment is to ensure quality of healing as well as a fully conditioned and safe return to physical activity and sport.
We do not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use. We recommend that you seek individual advice before acting on any information in this site. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on our website is correct at the time of publication but recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to its use. If you wish to purchase our services, please do not rely solely on the information in this website.